Thank you for choosing us for your waxing treatment. Please following these guidelines to ensure your skin is properly cared for over the next few days.
Please note: Some slight redness, bumps and soreness are common and completely normal following you waxing treatment, especially if this is the first time you have been waxed. These symptoms will disappear over the nest 24-48 hours, if you experience symptoms after this time please feel free to get in touch with us for advice.
Keep the waxed area clean and avoid heat and friction over the next 24-48 hours. Please note the following
- No hot baths or showers (cool/lukewarm only).
- No sunbeds, saunas or steam treatments.
- No Sports, Gym or Exercise Treatments.
- Avoid touching or scratching the area, especially with unwashed hands.
- Wear clean loose fitting clothes.
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated water.
- Do not use deodorants or perfumed products in the waxed areas. We can recommend products that can be used.
- To soothe and protect the recently waxed area apply an antiseptic cream for 3 days,
To prevent ingrown hairs: starting a few days after your treatment, gently exfoliate the area using a loofah or exfoliating mitt. Also moisturise the area to keep the skin soft and help new hairs growth through normally. We retail an amazing product by Hive called 'Smooth it' which helps to reduce ingrown hairs. We also sell Hive 'Time out' which helps to retard hair growth and also reduce density meaning you will get less noticeable hair growth.
You may notice a small amount of regrowth after a week or so. It can take up to 4 waxing spaced evenly apart for you hair to get on to a growth cycle that gives the best results. Hair needs to be at least 1/2 cm long before it can be successfully removed with waxing. Please dont shave or use hair removing cream between treatments. To maintain a smooth appearance we recommend treatments every 4-6 weeks