Prior to your spray tan it is advisable to:
- Exfoliate the skin 24 hours before your tan, and to wax/shave at least 48 hours before
- Dont use any moisturiser, perfume or deodorant the day of your tan as this will stop the tan from developing properly.
- Wear loose fitting clothes for your appointment as anything tight fitting may rub of the tan before it has developed fully.
On arrival at your appointment your therapist will discuss the depth of tan you would like and advise of the tan she thinks is best suited.
You can be provided with disposable spraytan underwear, its up to you whether you use this or just wear your own. We would advise if you are wearing your own dont wear your best set as it will get marked from the spray tan. We also provide sticky feet to stand on so the soles of your feet are covered and protected from the spray tan. Your therapist will give you some wipes to take off any make up and wash off any deodrant or perfum (if these are left on the tan will go green in that area), she will also apply some barrier cream to elbows, knees, nails, and the heels of the foot as these are the areas that excess tan tends to cling. Please advise your spray tan therapist of any other dry areas and she will apply barrier cream.
You will be guided throught the positions to stand in as the therapist goes through spray tan, once your tan is complete your tan will be complete dried off using the spray tan hose so you shouldnt feel sticky anywhere if you can still feel any areas of stickyness just let your therapist know and she can go over the area again.
As the tan develops you may feel you are going darker than you wanted dont panic this is just the guide colour it will wash off and come out perfectly.
After your tan please leave tan to develop for at least 8 hours.
- Do not exercise or use a sauna/steam room while your tan develops.
- Have a shower the next day to lightly wash of the guide tan using a PH balanced shower gel. (do not use dove body wash or shower gel its strips the skin of the tan and will leave it patchy)
- Do not exfoliate excessively make sure that is it done lightly and evenly and wait 3 days til you exfoliate after your tan
- Do use moisturiser everyday after your tan to help your tan last as long as possible and to ensure an even fade.
- When you want to remove any last traces of tan the best thing to use is baby oil leave it on for a few hours. Wash off in a fairly warm bath or shower and exfoliate throughly.